Saturday, October 9, 2010

Illiterate Dreams

I wonder about the volume
Held steadfast under your arm
Your blanket of security
Corners showing thread
From your loving embrace

I never see you crack it open
But I see the light
Behind your eyes
Making love to the
Possibilities the pages hold

I wonder if anyone
But me knows
Of your illiterate dreams
The words dancing
Just beyond your fingers grasp

Can they see your
Invisible tears
Longing to fall
Just one time with
Understanding?

How do I break your shell
Of fragile ego
To show you the way
Will I bring a welt
To an already bruised heart?

Hush now,
Come closer
Read with me
Let me show you the
Magic of letters and sounds

Let me show you
The sorcery of words
And their meanings profound
Let me unlock the door
To your labyrinth…

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, evocative piece. I have linked this blog--I have a lot of catching up to do. You are very prolific, as well as wise and talented. I'm going to enjoy reading more of your poetry.

    ReplyDelete