Saturday, October 9, 2010

Spring has Sprung

Happiness kisses my cheek
And giggles in my ear
Giving me a staccato lilt
Songs of echoing sea tides

Beaches of sand and rock
Call to me with sunshine
Whispering of pictures
I have yet to take

Creatures I have yet to meet
Wait for their portraits
Donning sunlight’s contrast
For my lens to capture

Blue hues of mountains
Reflect the Heron wild
Golden Eagle too quick to
Capture flies east to deepest seas

I damn my slowness
In capturing that in focus
Two Bald Eagles fighting
For territory and dominance

They dance above me
In ferocious flight
So close I can almost
Reach out and touch their flight feathers

Spring has sprung
With it the animals are ready
For love and lofty prose
Excited by warm winds; planets position

Come with me and walk
The slope swept sands
We will gather under the nests
Of raptures wild

Breathing the scent of
Un-slumbering insects
Newly released from harbors cocoon
The Bumbles a heaven sent sight

Rhododendron blossoms
Burst forth into sunshine
Hues of brilliant pink
Plum blossoms wink and sway

Grass and mosses
In brilliant green shades
Bring smiles upon this face
And heighten the spring in my step…

No comments:

Post a Comment