Saturday, October 9, 2010

Summer Bound

Darkness lifts
Blowing away
Like the fog upon
The shoreline

Giving me glimpses
Of blue sky above to
Tease me on my walk
My camera at the ready

But alas it is not to be
For the grip of the tiny drops
Seems more then the sea breeze
Has the strength for

And I am left
With a white heaven
And a seagull who thinks
He is a diving loon

We watch
Our laughter ringing
Over the rippling waves
And carrying to the unseen islands

I can hear the bark of the sea lions
Calling out to mates
The fog seems to intensify
Their passionate needs

I too feel
The longing of this season
Of mating and romance
Rebirth in the making

I long to shirk
The shroud of winter
And enjoy the warm weather afforded
Exchanging sweaters for t-shirts

I long to stretch out on the beach
Again and toss my cares
To the sea
So they can be carried once more on the currents…


No comments:

Post a Comment