Thursday, May 26, 2011

Marshland


This Marsh is a favorite area for me for photos and nature walks. There are many different species of birds and frogs to look for and many different types of fauna to identify as well.

I love bullrushes when they stir in the wind. They have such a wonderful sound to them. The birds punctuate this with their shill calls to one another. The warm winds and sun brought the earth's perfume up from the moist soil.

I really enjoy the trees around the marsh, most are tall old grandfathers looking over the waterways and giving shade when needed, others are dead and gone but still reach out of the soil like skeleton fingers.

Apple Blossoms were everywhere to the delight of the local honey bees, their pastel pinks were a wonderful compliment to the blue skies behind.

I love sunlight on the petals of flowers. It reminds me of candle light on satin, and you can really see the smoothness of their impermenant nature.

This is where most of the frogs find residence, although today proves to be too warm for them to come out of their hiding spots for their photo debut.

This is one of the old trees that have given up their reign to the new younger trees, but the birds still find respite in the dark grey branches.

I love the contrast of the bright sun coming through the viens of the tree branches and trunks. I find myself mezmerized by what is above me as well as on the ground and about me.


The pathways weave in and out of the bush and trees, and it is a wonderful feeling to walk along them and listen to the birds as they flitter and flutter here and there thoughout the bushes all around you. It is like they are having a great game of hide and seek with you as you walk through the dappled sunshine.

I am not sure what kind of tree this is and I am not sure what kind of blossom this is but I could not resist the urge to take a photo of the fragile petals reaching for the sun.

This is one of the dragonflies that were landing on me all through the walk today, I wasn't wearing perfume, so I am not sure why the attention, but I was happy to get this shot.

1 comment: