Saturday, July 16, 2011

Frog Legs (My attempts at Karl Pilkingtonisms)

I was thinking about frog legs
the other day,
and I was trying to understand
how anyone would have thought it
a good idea to put them on the table.
I mean what were they thinking?
Some guy down at the local pond fishing,
looks over and sees a fat frog,
turns to his buddy and says
what do you think? 
Would you have a bit of that?
Buddy says a bit o’ what?
He says over there, that frog, his legs look a
might bit tasty, probably easier to catch then fish too.
I wonder even more about how they got
the first guy to taste it.  Right?
‘Cause no one in their right mind
is gonna drool at the sight of some
pesky little frog legs.
Maybe they did up a stew,
and invited the villiage idiot.


I’ll take a bag o’ crisps over that any day.

2 comments:

  1. very amusing! (BTW I actually ate frog legs at this restaurant that specialized in game meats such as bear, alligator, and rattlesnake, and they also served fried frog legs. They tasted just like chicken...)

    I looked Karl Pinkington up on Wiki, and saw that he did a series "An Idiot Abroad". I wonder if that was broadcast in the States because I had never heard of it. I found the web page though and I'm going to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Searching for the new milk maybe or steak

    ReplyDelete